With the holiday season here, everybody is going to be extremely busy, and so are we! For many Americans, this is the biggest family event of the year, as people come from far and wide to celebrate the holidays, and maybe even ring in a New Year together. That means a lot of preparations are going be made, and schedules are going to fill up with all the things that need to be taken care of. Gifts, in particular, are one of those items that need checking and double checking, whether it’s a spouse, a child, or even a friend, neighbor, a co-worker, or anyone else we think fondly of. If you think someone you know would enjoy pecans for the holiday season, you still got a chance to get that gift! Continue reading
When most people think of pecans, they only think of one thing – pecan pie. And while that is certainly a delicious option, the fact is that there are plenty of other ways to enjoy pecans. Cracked pecans in particular offer lots of opportunities, since they’re already shelled and cracked and ready to go into whatever recipe you’re using.
But do you know how to use them? If you’re still stuck on just eating fistfuls raw or using them in a pie, that’s fine – but here are a few other ways to get even more enjoyment from them:
• Grinding cracked pecans into a finer form allows you to use them as breading for fried chicken, fish, and even pork chops. Just dip the meat into an egg wash, press into the pecans, and fry in light oil.
• You can also use ground cracked pecans as a filler in meatloaf or even burgers, giving these traditional staples a nutty flavor that adds something unique to them.
• Cracked pecans can be perfect for breakfast, too. Mix them into pancake or waffle batter to elevate their sweetness with a little something extra, or just mix a handful of pecans into yogurt or cereal if you’re in a hurry.
• Pies aren’t the only dessert that cracked pecans can be used for. Try adding them to ice cream or to a cake to give your favorite sweet treats something special. And of course, you can always make or buy candied pecans or things like pecan pralines.
• Pecans are also a perfect topping for salads and with the right dressing and a bit of fruit can really turn a boring salad into something special.
• You can also use pecans to add crunch to certain soups, replacing croutons with something a little more unique.
And these are just the basic options – everything from goat cheese and pecan stuffed peppers to seafood dishes with pecans are out there waiting for you to try. The only real limit is your creativity and your culinary prowess, and with a little experimenting, you may be able to create a stunning new pecan dish that your family will rave about for years to come.
Simply put, cracked pecans make a perfect addition to any kitchen, since they let you not only turn to them when you want a light, deliciously healthy snack but also when you’re looking for a unique ingredient for a recipe and aren’t sure what to use.
For people that run a business, it doesn’t matter whether you‘re offering a product, or a service; if your busi-ness is oriented towards clients, connections are important. Clients are a valued business relationship, and more importantly, unlike random customers that come and go, clients can be a reliable, valuable source of in-come. Once you’ve established a relationship with a client, odds are that as long as you continue to honor that relationship in an ethical and professional manner, you’ll always be getting more business from that client. It’s a business connection that benefits everyone. Continue reading
You already know how delicious pecans can be. Do you prefer yours salty and savory, or sumptuous and sweet? Maybe you like them plain, right out of the shell. We enjoy them in all possible ways, but some folks are sweet on the sugary side of Louisiana pecans and the most popular confection to ever come out of the south. Continue reading
If you’re an avid pecan lover, you may want to venture into growing your own pecans. There’s a sense of pride eating something you grew in your own backyard. But, personal pecan growth can be trying, and may not be for everyone. Continue reading
There are very few sights as beautiful as a pecan orchard. Rows and rows of strong, beautiful trees against the great greens of the grass and the bright blue of the sky. A pecan orchard is a beautiful place to find peace in life’s most stressing moments, and the place where we make our life’s work to bring you the best pecans that nature has to offer. Continue reading
Not only do pecans taste great, but they offer a host of health benefits as well. Whether you’re looking to snack on them throughout the day, use them in recipes this holiday season, or buy them as gifts for your loved ones, take the time to discover the great benefits pecans have to offer. Continue reading
If you’re a pecan lover, you’ve been spoiled over the years by the abundance of pecans the United States has to offer. Southern states, such as Texas and Louisiana, produce millions of pounds of pecans each year. Now, it’s appears the pecan industry could truly begin to expand globally. Continue reading
There is nothing better than to give during the holiday season. Finding just the right gifts for the people in your life can be a satisfying way to show them how much they mean to you. It can be very difficult, however, to know exactly what to choose when you really boil it down. A good idea can quickly become not-so-good: Continue reading