Caramel Popcorn Pecan Crunch will be a delicious treat to bring to tailgate parties or family gatherings to enjoy while watching the weekend football games. This easy recipe would also be a great idea to use for tasty gifts for the upcoming holidays. Find an attractive gift bag, fill it with pecan crunch, attach the recipe to the top and present it to the special people on your list. Pecans added to any recipe contribute to the nutrition value of that dish. Pecans provide antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and heart health properties.
20 cups popped popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups large pecan pieces
1 tsp soda
- Combine brown sugar, butter, salt and corn syrup in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda, stirring quickly. Pour over the popped popcorn and pecan pieces that have been placed into a large oven safe pan. Mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 250 degree F oven. Stir every 20 minutes.
- Cool on large cookie sheets and ENJOY!
*Variation – Chocolate chips could be added for an extra taste for all the chocolate lovers.
Caramel Popcorn Pecan Crunch
Here is a simple pecan log recipe that can be used for all occasion celebrations throughout the year. Do you remember the taste of fluffy, cherry-laced nougat rolled in fresh caramel and pecan pieces? Mmmm… I can close my eyes and taste one now. And it would not be a small slice of the pecan log roll as I can eat the entire roll!
- 5 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 3/4 tsp rum flavoring
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar – sifted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped candied cherries
- 24 – 30 caramels
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Combine 2 Tablespoons milk and rum flavoring in bowl; blend in confectioner’s sugar. Knead until smooth and shiny; blend in cherries, adding additional confectioners’ sugar, if necessary. Shape into 6-inch logs and roll in waxed paper. Chill until firm. Combine caramels with remaining milk; heat over boiling water until melted, stirring frequently. Pour melted caramels into medium bowl and roll chilled log in caramel mixture to coat evenly and then quickly roll caramel coated log over the pecan pieces. Roll in waxed paper and chill until firm.
Fluffy cherry laced pecan log roll.
This version of the pecan pie has three delicious layers that make for a taste tantalizing experience. Celebrate Spring time tomorrow with a delicious cream cheese pecan pie! Try it and let us know what you thought…
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan pieces (chopped)
- 1 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten well with a fork
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend well. Pour into the pie shell. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
Combine the corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 beaten eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Carefully pour mixture over the pecan layer. Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Spring Time Cream Cheese Pecan Pie Recipe